[PA] World's Largest Dungeon
Character Creation Rules
- Race. Loosely restricted to Dragonborn, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Gensai, Human, Minotaur, Shifter, Tiefling, and the half-breeds (Half-Dwarf (Mul), Half-Elf, and Half-Orc). If you want to play something else, no worries, let’s just make sure it has a mention on the wiki.
- Class. No restrictions1.
- Ability Scores. “Method 2” / 22 point buy starting with 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10.
- Age Restriction. Your character should be considered a “youth” buy their society’s standard.
- Other restrictions: none1.
1 - Don’t make me destroy you.
Just one general rule – your character should “make sense” from within the world we’ve generated. If you roll a psionic slaver, they probably come from Bonamia.
Character Phases, Pre-Reaping
- Background: Where Did You Come From?
When writing the summary of this phase, consider answers to the following questions:
- What nation is your character from?
- What region? What culture?
- What were his family’s circumstances like? How big is the family? What’s your character’s relationship with his family?
- How was your character educated?
- What were your character’s friends like? Did your character get into much trouble in his youth?
- Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?
I want to know about some sort of conflict the character was involved in, and how it shaped them. It could have been being picked for the Reaping – were they picked, or did they volunteer? Were they a criminal offered up in the place of a more upstanding citizen? How did your character react? Did they try to run? Embrace their fate?
Or it might not have anything to do with the Reaping. Maybe trouble just seems to find them, even at a young age. Or maybe your character is defined by their lack of conflict.
On Your Way to the Dungeon
All characters are required to travel to the Dungeon. Once they are chosen – I’m leaving the particulars of how, where, and when to you – they will be escorted to their regional capital, where they will await transportation to the Dungeon.
Each regional capital has a theme. That theme is to help inform players on the types of characters that they can expect to find there, and help guide them on from where their characters might hail.
- Iron Circle – Keeper’s Hold (Primal)
- Karkoth – Bonamia (Psionic)
- Nerath – Mithralfast (Martial)
- Vailin – Brightflame (Divine)
Character Phase, Post-Reaping
Eight characters are going to be offered up to the Dungeon. I don’t promise to take eight submissions, only that the Bargain demands that eight youths are chosen as Offerings. Traditionally, this comes in the form of two from each region. That might not be the case this year. What will be the case is that your character will be interacting with someone else from his region on their way to the Dungeon. A shared scene that establishes a relationship (or lack thereof) with the closest thing your character has to a friend on their journey to the Dungeon.